Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) means universal life force energy. It is a healing method which was rediscovered in the late 1800’s by a Japanese Christian minister named Mikao Usui. It was brought west from Japan in the 1930’s and is now practiced and taught in every country in the world.
Reiki treatments provide a wealth of benefits and is now being incorporated into traditional medical practices where doctors and nurses in hospitals and hospices throughout the country are trained to provide Reiki for their patients.
A Reiki treatment:
- is deeply relaxing and comforting
- catalyzes the body’s natural ability to heal
- stimulates the immune system
- has continuing effects for hours and even days after treatment
- reduces stress, pain, and inflammation
- is non-manipulative, non-invasive, and non-intrusive
- supports all other forms of healing, including traditional medical treatments, by bringing your body to a place of balance where healing can occur.
- supports your body in releasing physical symptoms
- can reduce/relieve pain, especially chronic pain
- reduces the frequency and/or severity of opportunistic diseases that often occur in immune compromised conditions
After Receiving Reiki
After any Reiki treatment, the body releases toxins, so it is important to drink plenty of water afterwards. It is also important to listen to your body as Reiki supports your body in functioning more efficiently and may influence the way food, drink, and medications affect you. If you are on medication, be aware to notice any changes you experience and consult your physician. Your medical doctor is the only person qualified to make any changes to your medication.
Alaya offers Reiki treatments upon request or can refer you to a Reiki Practitioner trained by The (W)hole Point Institute. Sessions with Alaya must be requested ahead of time and usually last approximately 1 hour. They may be blended with a coaching session with Alaya; they may not, however, be associated with the traditional forms of psychotherapy.
To schedule a Reiki treatment, please contact us.